The state Fish and Wildlife Department has banned target shooting in the Wenas Wildlife Area, which covers 178 square miles between Ellensburg and Selah.
A wildfire that burned about 15 square miles of grass and brush this week near Selah was started at an unofficial shooting range.
The latest fire iss the third fire this season sparked by target shooting in the area. A fourth fire was started by illegal fireworks.
The target shooting ban announced today will be in effect until Oct. 1.
- Returning property owners not convinced Mother Nature is to blame for recent flooding
- Yakima council presents draft of ‘inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Yakima council votes against raising car tab fees
- Richland extends Benton County jail contract
- First eating disorder treatment program begins in Kennewick
- Jury hears interview with defendant during retrial for former police officer accused of rape