The state Fish and Wildlife Department has banned target shooting in the Wenas Wildlife Area, which covers 178 square miles between Ellensburg and Selah.
A wildfire that burned about 15 square miles of grass and brush this week near Selah was started at an unofficial shooting range.
The latest fire iss the third fire this season sparked by target shooting in the area. A fourth fire was started by illegal fireworks.
The target shooting ban announced today will be in effect until Oct. 1.
- Trios Health offers fraud protection over patient data breach
- Northwest Food n Brew with Mike Gonzalez debuts Saturday on KAPP/KVEW
- Washington seeks to overturn tribe's fuel tax exemption
- Failure to yield causes rollover accident
- 2 injured in early morning accident
- Whirlpool: Hotpoint fridge owners should check units after London fire