Members of the community are celebrating the completion of the 2014 Team Pasco Home.
Students from Chiawana, New Horizons, and Pasco High Schools spent the entire school year working on a home that's on Indian Ridge Dr. in Pasco.
The "construction trades" students built the 2,200 square foot home under the guidance of teacher John Weatherby.
"I feel like it changed my life and opened eyes to new opportunities, I can see my life from a different view and it's very important for students to have a program like this. I hope it goes on forever," said Rosendo Medina, a 12th grader who helped build the home.
Contributions were made by agriculture science, floriculture, metals and welding students.
The three-car garage, three-bedroom, two-bath home is listed for just over $270,000 and the money goes back into next year's home building project and scholarships for the students.
- Semi-rollover closes Vantage Bridge
- Former WSU student sentenced to 12 years for drugs
- Toppenish school employee leaves handgun in bathroom
- Seattle police officer, Yakima native released after being shot in face
- Man arrested on suspicion of terror offenses near UK Parliament
- Local teacher helps his students take flight