A teenager is in custody tonight after Yakima police say he robbed a gas station mart.
Police say it happened just after 10 a.m. this morning -- the 17 year old suspect entered the Fuel Station Mart on Nob Hill, displayed a knife, then jumped over the counter and demanded money from an employee.
The employee escaped from the mart, the suspect allegedly followed, but then left the area.
Police were able to apprehend the suspect a few blocks down the road -- he was taken to the Yakima Juvenile Detention Facility.
- Dash cam footage from DUI arrest of Yakima City Councilwoman Carmen Mendez
- Walla Walla High School Rifle Team Captain Commits to Naval Academy
- Influx in car prowlers hits Tri-Cities
- Yakima City officials speak out in response to recent shooting death
- Scammers use fake Go Fund Me accounts to steal donated money
- Yakima residents concerned about violence after recent shootings