A teenager is in custody tonight after Yakima police say he robbed a gas station mart.
Police say it happened just after 10 a.m. this morning -- the 17 year old suspect entered the Fuel Station Mart on Nob Hill, displayed a knife, then jumped over the counter and demanded money from an employee.
The employee escaped from the mart, the suspect allegedly followed, but then left the area.
Police were able to apprehend the suspect a few blocks down the road -- he was taken to the Yakima Juvenile Detention Facility.
- Crime Stoppers searching for Yakima County burglary suspect
- Medical supply company files for bankruptcy after 70 years of business
- New study of Seattle's $15 minimum wage says it costs jobs
- Alaska Air offers charter flight for solar eclipse viewing
- Avis to manage Waymo's self-driving cars
- RPD looking for help identifying alleged shoplifters