A teenager is in custody tonight after Yakima police say he robbed a gas station mart.
Police say it happened just after 10 a.m. this morning -- the 17 year old suspect entered the Fuel Station Mart on Nob Hill, displayed a knife, then jumped over the counter and demanded money from an employee.
The employee escaped from the mart, the suspect allegedly followed, but then left the area.
Police were able to apprehend the suspect a few blocks down the road -- he was taken to the Yakima Juvenile Detention Facility.
- Police kill machete-wielding man in Des Moines
- Police ask for help to locate missing 76-year-old Yakima man
- Oregon Senate approves raising legal tobacco age to 21
- Tri-Cities Craft Beer Festival coming to Kennewick on Apr. 29
- Walla Walla homeless camp to move to Fort Walla Walla park
- Closing arguments to begin Thursday for trial of former Pasco police officer accused of rape