According to the Kennewick Police Department, an 11-year-old girl who reported she was groped on her way to school, made the whole story up.
On the morning of February 25th, an 11 year old girl reported that she was walking to school when an unidentified male approached her and touched her buttocks and breast.
The male then threatened to kill and her family if she told anyone about the touching.
The girl told the information to two friends and one of the friends reported it to the Park Middle School staff.
The police were called by the school staff.
The police department says this story may be a perfect opportunity for parent to discuss with their child the dangers of making up this type of story.
- Returning property owners not convinced Mother Nature is to blame for recent flooding
- Yakima council presents draft of ‘inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Yakima council votes against raising car tab fees
- Richland extends Benton County jail contract
- First eating disorder treatment program begins in Kennewick
- Jury hears interview with defendant during retrial for former police officer accused of rape