Tieton's police chief announces his candidacy for Yakima County Sheriff.
Police Chief Jeff Ketchum says he will run for the position after serving as Tieton's chief for 8 years.
Ketchum joins deputy Steve Changala of the sheriff's office in the running.
Current Sheriff Ken Irwin announced last month he will be retiring when his term expires at the end of this year.
- Richland council accepting Code Enforcement Board applications
- Absent budget deal, Washington prepares for a shutdown
- 3 jailed on suspicion of graffiting vehicles
- Officials nab serial credit card fraud suspect
- Woman in jail after stabbing boyfriend in gentials
- Kennewick Police searching for man suspected of child rape