Tieton's police chief announces his candidacy for Yakima County Sheriff.
Police Chief Jeff Ketchum says he will run for the position after serving as Tieton's chief for 8 years.
Ketchum joins deputy Steve Changala of the sheriff's office in the running.
Current Sheriff Ken Irwin announced last month he will be retiring when his term expires at the end of this year.
- Annual Fire Ops Training shows daily work of a firefighter
- 86-year-old Selah man struck, killed by SUV while driving scooter
- Police trying to identify 2 suspects involved in credit card skimming at Shell station
- Pasco police chief concerned about the identity of potential Uber drivers
- Richland begins construction of second dog park
- WSP to crack down on studded tires