FRANKLIN COUNTY, Wash. - Franklin County, Wash.— One person is dead and two were injured after a head on collision on Washington State Route 17 Satuday.
According to Washington State Patrol (WSP) 24-year-old, Sandra Castoreno of Warden, died on scene after he car crossed the center line and struck two other vehicles.
WSP troopers say Castoreno was driving south on SR 17 when her white Acura TSX crashed into a gold Honda Accord and Black GMC truck that were heading in the opposite direction.
63-year-old, William Bjur of Kennewick, and 39-year-old, Israel Gameros-Garcia of Bridgeport, were both transported to the hospital for injuries.
According to police reports, troopers think Castoreno was under the influence of drugs or alcohol when she crashed into both vehicles.
Highway 17 was closed down so officials could conduct the investigation and clear the scene.
Gesa Credit Union placed on lockdown after teller was robbed
Body of former Hermiston resident found in canal
- Gesa Credit Union placed on lockdown after teller was robbed
- Body of former Hermiston resident found in canal
- Partridge Family star David Cassidy "surrounded by family" in hospital
- Honda recalling 900,000 Odyssey minivans, seats may tip forward
- Richland community members hold early morning Bombers football send off to playoffs