YAKIMA, Wash. - A Yakima City Councilwoman was sentenced to 364 days in jail after pleading guilty to driving under the influence on Friday according to our media partners at the Yakima Herald Republic.
All but 2 days of here jail time were suspended.
Carmen Mendez was fined $1,298.
Mendez was arrested when she failed to pass a field sobriety test on April 16.
Her blood alcohol content was twice the legal limit after she crashed her car into another vehicle at the intersection of 16th Avenue and Tieton Drive.
Passengers of the other car suffered minor injuries.
County prosecutors and the Washington State Patrol have been handling the process so city officials aren't involved.
- Human remains found in Milton-Freewater fire
- Tri-Cities steps up to help rescue dog with severed spine
- Kidnapping murder suspect appears in court
- Deputies, Crime Stoppers look to arrest alien charged with attempted murder
- Trump, Congress punt again on critical Obamacare subsidies
- Woman choked in Columbia Park, police seek suspect and witnesses