YAKIMA, Wash. - A Yakima City Councilwoman was sentenced to 364 days in jail after pleading guilty to driving under the influence on Friday according to our media partners at the Yakima Herald Republic.
All but 2 days of here jail time were suspended.
Carmen Mendez was fined $1,298.
Mendez was arrested when she failed to pass a field sobriety test on April 16.
Her blood alcohol content was twice the legal limit after she crashed her car into another vehicle at the intersection of 16th Avenue and Tieton Drive.
Passengers of the other car suffered minor injuries.
County prosecutors and the Washington State Patrol have been handling the process so city officials aren't involved.
- 'It tears me up:' Trophy shop immortalizes fallen soldiers
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River
- Fire officials urge public to use caution when burning outdoors
- Ride Transit Month: Environmental benefits
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser
- Multiple injuries in 2 vehicle collision on Clearwater