Hundreds of women from around Mi-Columbia attended the third annual Women in Business Conference.
This is the largest career development event for women in Eastern Washington.
Over three hundred women spent their day at the TRAC for the event.
The day features seminars, panel discussions and gives women the chance to network with other professional women.
Jane Yuan the founder of Simple Crisp was one of the keynote speakers.
She launched her dried fruit line in November of 2012 and it is now sold is stores all over the United States.
She said her message to women is to be brave enough to make your idea a reality.
"That passion that every body has to just keep going and not be scared and that's what my story is. I didn't know anything and still don't know what I don't know but you just keep going, figure it out and make it happen," said Yuan.
Yuan said she started serving her fruit at dinner parties to test the waters.
She made the fruit in her kitchen, printed labels at Kinkos and took her product to a few grocery stores.
- Walla Walla High School Rifle Team Captain Commits to Naval Academy
- Influx in car prowlers hits Tri-Cities
- Yakima City officials speak out in response to recent shooting death
- Scammers use fake Go Fund Me accounts to steal donated money
- Yakima residents concerned about violence after recent shootings
- Deputy revives man lying on sidewalk with no pulse