The Richard Tucker Music Foundation announced today that soprano Rachel Willis-Sorenson, Tri-Cities native and Hanford High grad, has won a Richard Tucker Career Grant.
The grant, which carries with it a $10,000 cash prize, is awarded each year to three of America's top young opera singers, who are selected after a by-invitation-only audition in New York City.
- Goats return to manage levee vegetation along Mill Creek
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Thrift store and non-profit continues fight against homelessness
- Police arrest suspect in murder of 14-year-old boy
- Man charged with assaulting 7-week-old daughter
- 10-year-old donates earnings to shooting victim's family