Jurors listened in as both the defense and prosecution presented the outline of their case in the Vernon Holbrook homicide.
One of the suspects, Daniel Blizzard, is accused of the real estate brokers death.
According to investigators, Blizzard, and three other suspects, Jill Taylor, Adriana Mendez and Luis Gomez-Monges all plotted the attack.
Holbrook was allegedly attacked by Monges while showing a home to Monges and Mendez in West Valley, Monges allegedly slashed his throat, that injury would lead to Holbrook's death 8 months later.
Investigators and prosecutors believe Blizzard is the one who hired Monges for the hit, following years of trying to obtain Holbrook's real estate business.
"I can tell you right here, right now, you will not hear of a single shred of forensic evidence of any kind linking [Blizzard] or anybody else to that crime," said defense attorney Peter Mazzone.
Trial is expected to last about three weeks.
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser
- Multiple injuries in 2 vehicle collision on Clearwater
- Arizona prosecutor wants jail time for Vikings WR Floyd
- Crime Stoppers searching for Yakima County burglary suspect
- Medical supply company files for bankruptcy after 70 years of business
- New study of Seattle's $15 minimum wage says it costs jobs