A sex abuse lawsuit against the Diocese of Yakima continues today in U.S. District Court.
A judge heard testimony from social workers and foster family of the plaintiff, who goes by John Doe.
Doe's attorneys are accusing the diocese of failing to properly screen priesthood candidate, Aaron Ramirez, before accepting him into the clergy.
Doe says Ramirez raped him in a trailer owned by the Zillah parish in 1999 -- Doe was 17 at the time.
- Accidental shooting at child's party leaves 1 man hurt
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool
- Ex-boyfriend kills new boyfriend and then himself