The new Trios Southridge facility receives a generous donation from one local couple.
John and Priscilla Cadwell, owners of Cadwell Laboratories, donate $1M to the facility.
The Cadwells said it's because of the shortage of physicians in the Tri-Cities.
They're hoping the money, that will go toward new medical equipment, will attract future doctors to come do their residencies here and hopefully stay.
The donation is part of a campign led by community leaders.
The plans for Trios and the connected Trios Care Center in Southridge included $35M in new equipment.
$30M of that has been financed.
That left $5M still needed and so far, more than half of that money has been raised.
When it comes to bringing in the new generation of physicians, the Cadwells said, "Build it and they will come."
The facility will be open July 15th.
- Lineup ready for Yakima's Apple Jam talent search
- Burning of garbage cause of West Valley fire
- Camp Hope in Yakima sticking around until possibly November
- Funding for Yakima downtown plaza once again a problem
- Healthcare providers bracing for hospital closure in Walla Walla
- Wapato public swimming pool set to open for summer