The new Trios Southridge facility receives a generous donation from one local couple.
John and Priscilla Cadwell, owners of Cadwell Laboratories, donate $1M to the facility.
The Cadwells said it's because of the shortage of physicians in the Tri-Cities.
They're hoping the money, that will go toward new medical equipment, will attract future doctors to come do their residencies here and hopefully stay.
The donation is part of a campign led by community leaders.
The plans for Trios and the connected Trios Care Center in Southridge included $35M in new equipment.
$30M of that has been financed.
That left $5M still needed and so far, more than half of that money has been raised.
When it comes to bringing in the new generation of physicians, the Cadwells said, "Build it and they will come."
The facility will be open July 15th.
- Mexican companies express interest in building border wall
- Teens wearing leggings barred from United flight
- Montana man identified as Las Vegas Strip shooting victim
- Inmate dies at Idaho maximum security prison
- Fire destroys apple packing plant in central Washington
- Discrimination lawsuit filed by former firefighter settled