A woman from Baker City, Oregon has died following a head-on collision this afternoon on Highway 12 just west of Dixie.
The Washington State Patrol says the 62-year-old Kathi Bulthuis was traveling eastbound in a 2007 Honda Civic when she was struck by a Toyota pickup driven by 81-year-old Gertrude Ininns of Dana Point, California.
Troopers say Ininns was traveling westbound, drifted to the right, overcorrected, crossed the centerline and struck Bulthuis' car.
Ininns was injured and transported to Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla. Bulthuis died at the scene.
The cause of the accident is under investigation and charges are pending.
Troopers say drugs or alcohol were not a factor.
- Washington state operating budget proposal may cut homeless funding
- Former Pasco police officer found not guilty of rape, assault
- Court rules on lawsuit against WSU in euthanized dog case
- Man arrested on 3 warrants due to unrelated 911 call
- Repairing the damage from recent flooding keeping contractors busy
- 72-year-old Bellingham man charged with rape, other crimes