A woman from Baker City, Oregon has died following a head-on collision this afternoon on Highway 12 just west of Dixie.
The Washington State Patrol says the 62-year-old Kathi Bulthuis was traveling eastbound in a 2007 Honda Civic when she was struck by a Toyota pickup driven by 81-year-old Gertrude Ininns of Dana Point, California.
Troopers say Ininns was traveling westbound, drifted to the right, overcorrected, crossed the centerline and struck Bulthuis' car.
Ininns was injured and transported to Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla. Bulthuis died at the scene.
The cause of the accident is under investigation and charges are pending.
Troopers say drugs or alcohol were not a factor.
- Whirlpool: Hotpoint fridge owners should check units after London fire
- Police looking for shoplifters
- Demands to Qatar: Close Al Jazeera, reduce Iran ties
- The Latest: Apartment surveillance video shows no intruder in Seattle fatal shooting
- Total solar eclipse casts spotlight on rural Oregon town
- Why North Korea, US don't want all-out war