Trump chooses South Carolina congressman as budget director.
President-elect Donald Trump is set to nominate his former campaign manager, Republican South Carolina Rep. Mick Mulvaney to be the director of Office of Management and Budget.
Mulvaney, if confirmed by the Senate, would manage the White House's annual proposed budget, program and policies.
The director also sets up the federal government's purchase of goods and services, called procurement, and oversees the performance review for government agencies and federal employees.
- Authorities find WWII-era grenade near Port Townsend
- Teacher accused of having sex with student heads to trial
- Police kill machete-wielding man in Des Moines
- Police ask for help to locate missing 76-year-old Yakima man
- Oregon Senate approves raising legal tobacco age to 21
- Tri-Cities Craft Beer Festival coming to Kennewick on Apr. 29