From the Benton County Sheriff-
DATE: January 22, 2014
TYPE OF INCIDENT: Residential Burglary - Arrests
LOCATION OF INCIDENT: 5400 Block W. Umatilla Ave., Kennewick
DATE / TIME OF INCIDENT: January 21, 2014
NARRATIVE OF INCIDENT:
On January 21st, 2014 at about 11:00 am the Benton County Sheriff’s Office responded to the 5400 Block of Umatilla Ave., in response to a reported residential burglary. The victim reported that someone entered his residence during the day and stole several guns and a large quantity of cash, precious metals, bonds and collector coins.
On January 22nd probable cause was developed which led to the arrest of Lane T. Lawson (27 year of age). Mr. Lawson was located and arrested for 1st Degree Burglary. Further investigation led to the arrest of a second suspect, Travis E. Goodan (28 years of age), who was also booked into the Benton County Jail for 1st Degree Burglary and for Felon in Possession of a Firearm. Two search warrants were later obtained and executed at 522 N. Louisiana St., Kennewick and a local rental storage facility, where most of the stolen property was recovered.
- Montana man identified as Las Vegas Strip shooting victim
- Inmate dies at Idaho maximum security prison
- Fire destroys apple packing plant in central Washington
- Discrimination lawsuit filed by former firefighter settled
- Seattle plant failure dumps millions of gallons of sewage
- Colorado weighs strategy for guarding against pot crackdown