Summary of Incident-
Two vehicle thefts within 8 minutes of each other should remind everyone that leaving your vehicle warming up, unlocked, and with keys in the vehicle just isn't a safe thing to do. Two Kennewick residents learned the hard way this morning as both left their vehicles running and unattended, in order to warm them up. Both came back outside to find their vehicles gone. Other than vehicles were left running and unattended it does not appear the incidents are related.
Don't make it early for a car theif. Remember that when your leave it, lock it. And never leave your vehicle running and unattended. It's an open invitation for any theif.
-2004 Hyundai Sonata 4 Door Sedan
-2000 Chevrolet Silverado Pickup
- Three juveniles crash car after robbing market at gunpoint
- Lightning strikes Richland home, burns entire top floor
- Petition against cannabis shop gains traction
- Washington hosting 100 community fireworks displays on 4th of July
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River