Two people were injured yesterday in a 2 vehicle head-on crash in a work zone near La Grande, Oregon.
The crash occured in an area where traffic was diverted into a single lane in both directions. Oregon State Police say 64 year old Merrill Hilde of Pendleton drove past several freeway closed signs, entered the wrong way of traffic, and collided with an SUV driven by 74 year old Norris Logsdon of Hermiston.
Both were transported to a local hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River
- Man fatally shot by Kent police during pursuit identified
- Credit card skimmers on the rise in grocery stores
- Veterans benefiting from free community acupuncture
- Wildfires in central Washington cover more than 6,000 acres