Neighbors who live on D Street in Outlook say it's generally a quiet area, but that was not the case last night.
Three people were shot, one killed.
The shooting happened around 9:30 when a home was targeted in a drive-by.
Deputies found two men who had been shot, along with a 7 year old boy who was also injured inside of the home.
Witnesses say a van was seen driving by, when shots rang out from the car.
Nellie Kielstra has known the family for years and saw them being carted away by medics.
"We walked over there and saw two people taken into ambulance," said Kielstra, "then we saw another one taken into an ambulance."
One man was taken to Yakima to be treated for his wounds, the boy was flown to Harborview Medical Senter in Seattle -- both are listed in stable condition, the man was released this afternooon.
However, the third victim, identified as 37 year old Noel Yebras-Cepeda, died at Sunnyside Community Hospital later last night.
"Ii can't believe he died," said Kielstra, "That's really sad."
All three victims were related, the recovering boy and man are father and son.
Cepeda was the boy's uncle.
Deputies have yet to figure out if the shooting was motivated by gangs, drugs, or anything else.
However, they did find a 1999 Winstar down the road, that may be the car used in the shooting.
- Store clerks and customers disarm robber, hold suspect down until police arrive
- Accidental shooting at child's party leaves 1 man hurt
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool