From the Kennewick PD-
Victim's Name- 12 year old female from Mesa
Defendant's Names- James Austin Cody Draughon Age 28 of Kennewick
Christopher Taylor Carver Age 22 of Kennewick
Summary of Incident: Kennewick, WA
On the night of February 2, 2014, the 12 year of age victim ran away from home and ended up at her boyfriend's (Carver) apartment in Kennewick. She was given a ride from Mesa to Kennewick by Draughon and Carver. While at the apartment at 1212 W 10th, the 12 year of age victim had consensual sex with both defendants.
On the morning of February 3rd, the mother of the victim, talked to here daughter on the phone, learned of her location and responded to pick her up. When she discovered that the rape of the child had occured, she took her daughter to Kadlec Medical Center for a medical exam. Police were then called and Kennewick Police officers responded to the Hospital.
The identities of the suspects were determined. Officers responded to the apartment and arrested both Carver and Draughon for Rape of a Child in the 2nd degree. They were both booked into the Benton County Jail.
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River
- Man fatally shot by Kent police during pursuit identified
- Credit card skimmers on the rise in grocery stores
- Veterans benefiting from free community acupuncture
- Wildfires in central Washington cover more than 6,000 acres