The Washington State Patrol says two men, one from Burbank and the other from Richland, died Saturday afternoon following a collision east of Wishram.
Troopers say 51-year-old Khamphouk Phongsa of Richland was driving westbound on State Route 14 when his vehicle crossed the eastbound lanes and left the roadway to the south.
The vehicle travelled about 100 feet down a steep, rocky embankment, overturned and came to rest against a fence.
Both Phongsa and his passenger, 53-year-old Adali Mendoza of Burbank died at the scene.
The cause of the accident is under investigation and troopers say drugs or alcohol were not involved.
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River
- Fire officials urge public to use caution when burning outdoors
- Ride Transit Month: Environmental benefits
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser
- Multiple injuries in 2 vehicle collision on Clearwater
- Arizona prosecutor wants jail time for Vikings WR Floyd