The Washington State Patrol says two men, one from Burbank and the other from Richland, died Saturday afternoon following a collision east of Wishram.
Troopers say 51-year-old Khamphouk Phongsa of Richland was driving westbound on State Route 14 when his vehicle crossed the eastbound lanes and left the roadway to the south.
The vehicle travelled about 100 feet down a steep, rocky embankment, overturned and came to rest against a fence.
Both Phongsa and his passenger, 53-year-old Adali Mendoza of Burbank died at the scene.
The cause of the accident is under investigation and troopers say drugs or alcohol were not involved.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds