A Two Rivers Correctional Institution (TRCI) inmate died unexpectedly Thursday morning. The Oregon State Police Criminal Investigation Division is conducting an investigation.
53-year-old inmate Dean Guiley was found unresponsive in his housing unit around 7 a.m. He was pronounced deceased about 30 minutes later.
Guiley entered Oregon Department of Corrections (DOC) custody on August 14, 2001, on three counts of Kidnapping I and one count of Assault II out of Lane County. His earliest release date was January 2043.
Next of kin has been notified. DOC will release more details when the investigation is completed.
TRCI is a medium and minimum security facility in Umatilla that houses approximately 1,800 men in custody. It provides a range of correctional services and programs, including education, treatment programs, pre-release and transitional services, and work opportunities. TRCI opened in March 2000.
- Supporters of Hanford Reach worried about Trump action
- Missing Seattle woman found dead in Columbia River
- Police searching for driver missing from car wreck
- Google Maps now remembers where you parked your car
- Seahawk's "Blitz" to entertain students in Yakima today
- Bride of ISIS: From 'happily ever after' to hell