Two Rivers Correctional Institution (TRCI) was placed on lockdown today after an inmate disturbance occurred in a housing unit. The institution is currently running under modified operations. Visitation is cancelled until further notice.
At approximately 9:06 a.m., the institution was placed on lockdown after several inmates engaged in mutual altercations in one of the institution's general population living areas. Staff responded and quickly gained control of the incident
A total of 24 inmates were placed in special housing for their involvement in the altercations. Two inmates required outside medical treatment for minor injuries.
Oregon State Police has been notified and an ongoing investigation is being conducted to determine the cause.
TRCI is a medium and minimum security facility in Umatilla that houses approximately 1,800 men in custody. It provides a range of correctional services and programs, including education, treatment programs, pre-release and transitional services, and work opportunities. TRCI opened in March 2000.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds