A Two Rivers Correctional Institution (TRCI) inmate died unexpectantly Wednesday afternoon. As with all unanticipated deaths of state prison inmates, the Oregon State Police Criminal Investigation Division is conducting an investigation.
At approximately 11:53 p.m. on February 4, 2014, inmate Damion Banks, 31, was transported by ambulance to a local hospital. He was pronounced deceased at 12:08 pm Wednesday, February 5, 2014.
Banks entered Oregon Department of Corrections (DOC) custody on June 8, 2010, on three counts of rape III, one count of rape I, two counts of sexual abuse, and one count of child sex out of Washington and Clackamas Counties. His earliest release date was March 2015.
Next of kin has been notified. DOC will release more details when the investigation is completed.
TRCI is a medium and minimum security facility in Umatilla that houses approximately 1,800 men in custody. It provides a range of correctional services and programs, including education, treatment programs, pre-release and transitional services, and work opportunities. TRCI opened in March 2000.
- Pasco Police searching for man involved in active case
- Ford to invest $1.2 billion in Michigan plants
- Amazon buys Souq in big play for Middle East market
- Daily Mail's 'Legsit' headline slammed for sexism
- Complaints continue against Prosser School District staff
- Yakima police investigating alleged assault on the Greenway