A Two Rivers Correctional Institution (TRCI) inmate died unexpectantly Wednesday afternoon. As with all unanticipated deaths of state prison inmates, the Oregon State Police Criminal Investigation Division is conducting an investigation.
At approximately 11:53 p.m. on February 4, 2014, inmate Damion Banks, 31, was transported by ambulance to a local hospital. He was pronounced deceased at 12:08 pm Wednesday, February 5, 2014.
Banks entered Oregon Department of Corrections (DOC) custody on June 8, 2010, on three counts of rape III, one count of rape I, two counts of sexual abuse, and one count of child sex out of Washington and Clackamas Counties. His earliest release date was March 2015.
Next of kin has been notified. DOC will release more details when the investigation is completed.
TRCI is a medium and minimum security facility in Umatilla that houses approximately 1,800 men in custody. It provides a range of correctional services and programs, including education, treatment programs, pre-release and transitional services, and work opportunities. TRCI opened in March 2000.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities