Driver fatigue is believed to be the cause of a crash along Interstate 84 East of La Grande Sunday morning.
Oregon State Police say 23 year old Mark Howland from West Valley, Utah traveled off the freeway to the right shoulder, then across the two lanes of travel to the opposite shoulder before eventually rolling over.
Howland and his passenger were lifeflighted to Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla with serious injuries.
Both were wearing their seatbelts.
- Whirlpool: Hotpoint fridge owners should check units after London fire
- Police looking for shoplifters
- Demands to Qatar: Close Al Jazeera, reduce Iran ties
- The Latest: Apartment surveillance video shows no intruder in Seattle fatal shooting
- Total solar eclipse casts spotlight on rural Oregon town
- Why North Korea, US don't want all-out war