A Buena family is safe after two suspects break into their home this morning, attempting to rob them.
Deputies were called out to the 100 block of Morrow Lane just after 1 am.
A man living in a house heard a knock on the door. When he opened it, two men dressed in all black forced their way in carrying short rifles.
The man was told to get on the ground, instead he began pushing the men back and yelling at them to get out.
At that time, the man's wife had stepped in from the bedroom and threatened to call police -- both men fled.
The couple did not answer the door for us when we stopped by the house today, but one neighbor says she saw all the police activity last night and is shocked the neighborhood would be targeted by potential thieves.
"Usually I feel pretty safe right here, but sometimes it gets a little nervous when i hear gunshots," said Zenea Bowers, "Knowing that [this] Is happening right next door is making me a little bit more scared."
The couple didn't suffer any serious injuries, no shots were fired, however sheriff's deputies are still looking for the two suspects.
The men are said to be in their early 20's, about 5'10, with slender builds.
Anyone with information regarding the break in is asked to contact the Yakima County Sheriff's Department.
- Richland roads closed for construction
- Merkel hints at same-sex marriage vote in Germany
- Officals warn 80 homeowners of evacuation as Chelan fire grows to 7 square miles
- Swedish hostage released after 6 years
- New non-profit Service Peace Warriors trains service dogs for veterans
- Local business owner helping maintain Yakima's landmark sign