U-Pick season begins in the Yakima Valley.
Expect thousands of people from around the Northwest to pass through our region for the cherry harvest season.
Several farms around the Yakima Valley area are hosting their own "U-Pick" event, where people can pick their own cherries right from the branch.
People say it's a great excuse to get outdoors and pick their own fruits at a lot cheaper prices.
"It's really nice for people like me," said Greg Turner "right now, cherries are anywhere from $3.50 to $6 a pound."
U-Pick season will typically last from the last half of June, through the middle of July.
- Controversial Prosser librarian speaks out on immigration at local town hall
- St. Paul school in Yakima may soon relocate
- Former manager of the closed Black Angus is getting a new chance
- Tri-Tech students compete in Welding Wars
- Bob Hall Dealership's ‘Change is Good' campaign funding kid's ideas
- Brown scores major wins for Tri-Cities in Senate capital budget