U-Pick season begins in the Yakima Valley.
Expect thousands of people from around the Northwest to pass through our region for the cherry harvest season.
Several farms around the Yakima Valley area are hosting their own "U-Pick" event, where people can pick their own cherries right from the branch.
People say it's a great excuse to get outdoors and pick their own fruits at a lot cheaper prices.
"It's really nice for people like me," said Greg Turner "right now, cherries are anywhere from $3.50 to $6 a pound."
U-Pick season will typically last from the last half of June, through the middle of July.
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities
- Tri-City Americans picked 9th, 16th overall in NHL draft
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations