The Umatilla County Sheriff's Office is mourning the loss of Yosh, a police canine who passed away this afternoon after a sudden, unknown illness.
Yosh, a 9-year-old German Shepherd, served the citizens of Umatilla County for over a year under the supervision of his handler, Deputy Lindsey Ballard.
After experiencing medical problems last year, Yosh retired with honor to Deputy Ballard's home in June 2014. During his tour of duty, Yosh's tracking skills helpped to locate and capture many criminal suspects, and his presence was instrumental in capturing murder suspect Lukah Chang in Pendleton.
- Goats return to manage levee vegetation along Mill Creek
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Thrift store and non-profit continues fight against homelessness
- Police arrest suspect in murder of 14-year-old boy
- Man charged with assaulting 7-week-old daughter
- 10-year-old donates earnings to shooting victim's family