Yesterday afternoon, 27-year-old Christopher Wineland of Pilot Rock, 28-year-old Steven Sunman and 26-year-old Kyle Miller, both from Pendleton left Pilot Rock in Wineland’s vehicle to go fishing in the Ukiah area. Wineland told his girlfriend they would return that evening. At about 2:30am, after they did not return, Wineland’s girlfriend contacted the Umatilla County Sheriff’s Office. She reported that the men were overdue and requested assistance.
UCSO Search and Rescue units responded and located Wineland’s unoccupied vehicle, which was high-centered on the shoulder of Pearson Creek Road, approximately 5 miles south of the intersection with East Birch Creek Road. A short time later, SAR personnel located all three individuals in good shape on Pearson Creek Road.
Wineland reported that they became stuck at about 10 pm last night. He said he and his companions walked approximately five miles to a location where they spent the night. They resumed walking this morning, and were met by SAR personnel.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds