Yesterday afternoon, 27-year-old Christopher Wineland of Pilot Rock, 28-year-old Steven Sunman and 26-year-old Kyle Miller, both from Pendleton left Pilot Rock in Wineland’s vehicle to go fishing in the Ukiah area. Wineland told his girlfriend they would return that evening. At about 2:30am, after they did not return, Wineland’s girlfriend contacted the Umatilla County Sheriff’s Office. She reported that the men were overdue and requested assistance.
UCSO Search and Rescue units responded and located Wineland’s unoccupied vehicle, which was high-centered on the shoulder of Pearson Creek Road, approximately 5 miles south of the intersection with East Birch Creek Road. A short time later, SAR personnel located all three individuals in good shape on Pearson Creek Road.
Wineland reported that they became stuck at about 10 pm last night. He said he and his companions walked approximately five miles to a location where they spent the night. They resumed walking this morning, and were met by SAR personnel.
- Richland fireworks volunteers hoping to give back with proceeds
- Evacuation orders in place for Selah fire
- Police looking to arrest meth possession, delivery suspect
- Crews intensify search for missing Union Gap woman
- Deal in principle reached on Washington state operating budget
- Global cyberattack: What you need to know