A 39-year old Umatilla man was arrested by Oregon State Police (OSP) last night following a two-vehicle serious injury traffic crash on Highway 207 at E. Punkin Center Road east of Hermiston in Umatilla County.
Just after 6 PM, a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado pickup driven by 39-year-old Alberto Perez from Umatilla, was involved in a collision at the Highway 207 / E. Punkin Center Road intersection with a 1992 Geo Metro driven by 46-year-old Baldomero Valencia Garcia from Hermiston.
Valencia Garcia was extricated from his car by Hermiston Fire Department personnel and then taken by air ambulance to Kadlec Regional Medical Center in Richland, Washington. His injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
Perez was not injured. Subsequent initial investigation led to his arrest for DUII and he was lodged in Umatilla County Jail. Investigation continuing.
- Man in custody following Benton County standoff
- Crews start project to connect people to Columbia Park Trail in South Richland
- Local Marine runs ultra-marathon 8 months after being in a coma
- Controversial Prosser librarian speaks out on immigration at local town hall
- St. Paul school in Yakima may soon relocate
- Former manager of the closed Black Angus is getting a new chance