A 39-year old Umatilla man was arrested by Oregon State Police (OSP) last night following a two-vehicle serious injury traffic crash on Highway 207 at E. Punkin Center Road east of Hermiston in Umatilla County.
Just after 6 PM, a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado pickup driven by 39-year-old Alberto Perez from Umatilla, was involved in a collision at the Highway 207 / E. Punkin Center Road intersection with a 1992 Geo Metro driven by 46-year-old Baldomero Valencia Garcia from Hermiston.
Valencia Garcia was extricated from his car by Hermiston Fire Department personnel and then taken by air ambulance to Kadlec Regional Medical Center in Richland, Washington. His injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
Perez was not injured. Subsequent initial investigation led to his arrest for DUII and he was lodged in Umatilla County Jail. Investigation continuing.
- Burning of garbage cause of West Valley fire
- Camp Hope in Yakima sticking around until possibly November
- Funding for Yakima downtown plaza once again a problem
- Healthcare providers bracing for hospital closure in Walla Walla
- Wapato public swimming pool set to open for summer
- Pasco officer donates car seats to vehicle theft victims