Denny's in Union Gap will be holding a fundraiser starting Sunday to raise money for pediatric cancer. The fundraiser teams the restaurant with Cookies for Kid's Cancer, a non-profit that raises money to find a cure for the number one cause of death by disease in children.
The Union Gap restaurant is part of a 12-state effort including 180 Denny's restaurants. The goal is to raise $350,000.
To make donations, paper cookies can be purchased for one, five, or ten dollars. This is the fourth year the restaurant chain has partnered up with Cookies for Kid's Cancer
- Washington hosting 100 community fireworks displays on 4th of July
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River
- Man fatally shot by Kent police during pursuit identified
- Credit card skimmers on the rise in grocery stores
- Veterans benefiting from free community acupuncture