From the OSP-
Oregon State Police (OSP) troopers are contin uing the investigation into Thursday afternoon's single vehicle fatal traffic crash that occurred along the eastbound lanes of Interstate 84 near Meacham. The victim's name is released after next of kin notification was made this morning.
According to Sergeant Sterling Hall, on May 29, 2014 at approximately 1:35 p.m., a 2004 Chevrolet Blazer sport utility vehicle driven by BARBARA MAY NASH, age 76, from Pendleton, was traveling eastbound on Interstate 84 near milepost 238. According to a witness, the vehicle passed using the left lane and then drifted to the right onto the shoulder. It continued into the gravel off the pavement, traveling over 400 feet before going up an embankment and onto a guardrail. The vehicle came to rest on its passenger side off the eastbound lanes.
NASH was pronounced deceased at the scene. Safety restraints use information is not available.
OSP troopers from the Pendleton and La Grande offices are continung the investigation into the cause of the crash.
OSP was assisted at the scene by Umatilla Tribal Fire Department and ODOT. Union County Sheriff's Office assisted OSP with locating next of kin.
- Accidental shooting at child's party leaves 1 man hurt
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool
- Ex-boyfriend kills new boyfriend and then himself