Fire investigators say Saturday's fatal fire in College Place was likely intentionally set by the victim, 39-year-old Andrey Gorkovchenko.
College Place Fire Marshal John Boose says there were 3 separate start points to the fire which destroyed the home on the 1800 block of SE Bliss Lane.
Boose says Gorkovchenko's body was found in the front bedroom and that he was at the home alone when the fire started.
Walla Walla County Coroner Richard Greenwood says Gorkovchenko died of smoke inhalation.
Further investigation found that the victim and his wife were having domestic issues.
- Crime Stoppers searching for Yakima County burglary suspect
- Medical supply company files for bankruptcy after 70 years of business
- New study of Seattle's $15 minimum wage says it costs jobs
- Alaska Air offers charter flight for solar eclipse viewing
- Avis to manage Waymo's self-driving cars
- RPD looking for help identifying alleged shoplifters