Fire investigators say Saturday's fatal fire in College Place was likely intentionally set by the victim, 39-year-old Andrey Gorkovchenko.
College Place Fire Marshal John Boose says there were 3 separate start points to the fire which destroyed the home on the 1800 block of SE Bliss Lane.
Boose says Gorkovchenko's body was found in the front bedroom and that he was at the home alone when the fire started.
Walla Walla County Coroner Richard Greenwood says Gorkovchenko died of smoke inhalation.
Further investigation found that the victim and his wife were having domestic issues.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds