New information on a police chase yesterday through Kennewick, forcing officers to use spike strips.
It started at a gas station on Kennewick Avenue and Vista Way. A man, identified as Torres Reyes, was driving dangerously around the gas pumps nearly hitting two people. A police officer saw all this happen, and tried to stop the driver, but he took off down Kennewick Avenue.
The suspect continued to drive erratically at slow speeds until officers used spike strips to puncture both of the right side tires. He was finally stopped at Neel Street and was taken into custody.
Kennewick Police say they have dealt with the suspect in the past, and he has mental issues. He was booked for eluding and reckless endangerment.
- Goats return to manage levee vegetation along Mill Creek
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Thrift store and non-profit continues fight against homelessness
- Police arrest suspect in murder of 14-year-old boy
- Man charged with assaulting 7-week-old daughter
- 10-year-old donates earnings to shooting victim's family