Contractors have been working 24 hours a day with a Kennewick Irrigation District (KID) crew to repair a breached canal near Game Farm Road and Oak Street.
Due to unforeseen complications with the repairs, KID estimates the canal will be refilled by this Friday by 6 PM and normal operations will resume this Saturday.
Irrigation water was turned off this past Saturday night due to the breach and is affecting about 4,500 customers in the district.
- Returning property owners not convinced Mother Nature is to blame for recent flooding
- Yakima council presents draft of ‘inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Yakima council votes against raising car tab fees
- Richland extends Benton County jail contract
- First eating disorder treatment program begins in Kennewick
- Jury hears interview with defendant during retrial for former police officer accused of rape