From the Kennewick Police Department-
UPDATE: Yesterday detectives located the black Dodge 4X4 pickup belonging to Cashius Clay Ray at his residence, 8625 W Yellowstone Ave. Stolen property was recovered and Ray was booked into the Benton County Jail for Burglary and Eluding a police officer.
Previously: Officers responded to this residence for a possible burglary in progress. Neighbors reported that a male was at the location and they heard the sound of breaking glass. They further advised that it appeared the suspect was throwing items out the window. Officers arrived within three minutes of the dispatch and observed a truck parked in the driveway. The truck was described as an older model Dodge 4X4, black in color. When the suspect saw officers, he got in the truck and fled. Officers attempted to stop the suspect vehicle at 4th and Morain but he failed to yield. Initially the suspect was driving approximately 35 mph and there was no other traffic. After reaching 7th Ave and US 395 the suspect vehicle accelerated quickly and began driving in a reckless manner, the pursuit was terminated.
Officers checked the residence which is currently vacant and being renovated. The suspect broke out a window to gain entry and cut a lock to a shed containing tools. Some of the tools were recovered as they had fallen out of the bed of the suspect truck as it fled. A laptop computer that had been in the house was also taken.
- Controversial Prosser librarian speaks out on immigration at local town hall
- St. Paul school in Yakima may soon relocate
- Former manager of the closed Black Angus is getting a new chance
- Tri-Tech students compete in Welding Wars
- Bob Hall Dealership's ‘Change is Good' campaign funding kid's ideas
- Brown scores major wins for Tri-Cities in Senate capital budget