The Benton County Coroner has identified the victims discovered shot to death yesterday at a home on the 8600 block of West 3rd Avenue in Kennewick.
The victims are identified as 16-year-old Kaitlin Chavallo aka Austin. Police say her legal name is still Chavallo although she used the last name of Austin. The second victim is identified as 12-year-old Ethan Austin.
The two were discovered yesterday by Andrew Austin, who is Kaitlin's step-father and Ethan's biological father.
Police tell us both suffered multiple gunshot wounds and that a handgun was found nearby.
A Washington State Patrol Crime Response Team will continue to work with Kennewick Police detectives to process the crime scene.
The victims will be turned over to the Benton County Coroner later today and an autopsy on both victims is scheduled for tomorrow.
Investigators will again canvass the neighborhood looking for anyone who may have seen or heard something. Investigators will also be reviewing social media website for additional information along with any private surveillance in the neighborhood.
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities
- Tri-City Americans picked 9th, 16th overall in NHL draft
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations