WHITE PASS, Wash. (AP) -- Washington state Transportation Department officials say a large mud and rock slide that shut down more than 30 miles of U.S. Highway 12 between White Pass and the Highway 410 intersection has been cleared. Mud and tree debris reportedly blocked both lanes along a 40-yard-long swath of highway for nearly seven hours. The highway reopened at 10 p.m. Wednesday. No injuries were reported.
- Mexican companies express interest in building border wall
- Teens wearing leggings barred from United flight
- Montana man identified as Las Vegas Strip shooting victim
- Inmate dies at Idaho maximum security prison
- Fire destroys apple packing plant in central Washington
- Discrimination lawsuit filed by former firefighter settled