WHITE PASS, Wash. (AP) -- Washington state Transportation Department officials say a large mud and rock slide that shut down more than 30 miles of U.S. Highway 12 between White Pass and the Highway 410 intersection has been cleared. Mud and tree debris reportedly blocked both lanes along a 40-yard-long swath of highway for nearly seven hours. The highway reopened at 10 p.m. Wednesday. No injuries were reported.
- Three juveniles crash car after robbing market at gunpoint
- Lightning strikes Richland home, burns entire top floor
- Petition against cannabis shop gains traction
- Washington hosting 100 community fireworks displays on 4th of July
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River