(AP) -- U.S. House candidate Clint Didier is offering to give away three guns as part of his campaign to replace retiring U.S. Rep. Doc Hastings, R-Wash.
Didier -- a Tea Party Republican and former NFL player -- is asking supporters to submit their names, ZIP codes and email addresses at his website in order to get updates from his campaign.
People who do that will be entered as contestants to win one of two pistols or a military-style rifle.
Didier, who is running in a crowded field for the central Washington seat, says the contest illustrates his unwavering support for the Second Amendment.
Didier's campaign says the drawing will be held when they receive 10,000 "likes" on Facebook and/or "follows" on Twitter, or on July 4, whichever comes first.
- Tri-City Americans picked 9th, 16th overall in NHL draft
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement