(AP) -- U.S. House candidate Clint Didier is offering to give away three guns as part of his campaign to replace retiring U.S. Rep. Doc Hastings, R-Wash.
Didier -- a Tea Party Republican and former NFL player -- is asking supporters to submit their names, ZIP codes and email addresses at his website in order to get updates from his campaign.
People who do that will be entered as contestants to win one of two pistols or a military-style rifle.
Didier, who is running in a crowded field for the central Washington seat, says the contest illustrates his unwavering support for the Second Amendment.
Didier's campaign says the drawing will be held when they receive 10,000 "likes" on Facebook and/or "follows" on Twitter, or on July 4, whichever comes first.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome