(AP) -- U.S. House candidate Clint Didier is offering to give away three guns as part of his campaign to replace retiring U.S. Rep. Doc Hastings, R-Wash.
Didier -- a Tea Party Republican and former NFL player -- is asking supporters to submit their names, ZIP codes and email addresses at his website in order to get updates from his campaign.
People who do that will be entered as contestants to win one of two pistols or a military-style rifle.
Didier, who is running in a crowded field for the central Washington seat, says the contest illustrates his unwavering support for the Second Amendment.
Didier's campaign says the drawing will be held when they receive 10,000 "likes" on Facebook and/or "follows" on Twitter, or on July 4, whichever comes first.
- Store clerks and customers disarm robber, hold suspect down until police arrive
- Accidental shooting at child's party leaves 1 man hurt
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool