Fans nervously watched USA take on Belgium.
After 90 minutes of play and two 15 minute sessions of extra time Belgium took home the win 2-1.
Some local fans took at least a half day off from work to gather at bars across our area to watch the game.
USA fans were put on a roller coaster during the game.
A scoreless game through regulation time put the teams into extra time.
Belgium scored two early goals in overtime, and fans started leaving the bar.
Then USA scored an impressive goal and they were back in the game.
In the end time was not on USA's side.
Fan Jason Mokuiki said despite today's heartbreak the World Cup has been an amazing ride for team USA.
"We were in the 'group of death' and everybody decided that we were not going to get out of there," Mokuiki said. "Germany and Portugal were supposed be the top teams and we moved on from that you have to look at the step," he siad. "We are going to be there in the future for all of FIFA all of the World Cup and people have to understand that US soccer is going to be on the map and we shall get on board with it."
According to ESPN, US goalie Tim Howard made 16 saves in today's game, the most in a World Cup game since 1966.
Belgium will now move onto the quarter finals and play Argentina on Saturday.
- St. Paul school in Yakima may soon relocate
- Former manager of the closed Black Angus is getting a new chance
- Tri-Tech students compete in Welding Wars
- Bob Hall Dealership's ‘Change is Good' campaign funding kid's ideas
- Brown scores major wins for Tri-Cities in Senate capital budget
- 3 young children, 2 adults injured in wrong way collision on I-82