Richland Police say a transient wanted in connection with allegedly stealing a pickup truck and utility trailer and eluding officer on Tuesday is now in custody.
40-year-old Anthony Roberts was taken into custody this morning at the Airport Motel in Pasco.
He's been booked into the Benton County Jail for two counts of possessing a stolen vehicle, felony eluding, hit and run, and trespassing.
On Tuesday, he allegedly initiated a pursuit after stealing a pickup truck and utility trailer from Richland and eluding police near the Yakima River delta area near Highway 240.
- Swedish hostage released after 6 years
- New non-profit Service Peace Warriors trains service dogs for veterans
- Local business owner helping maintain Yakima's landmark sign
- Residents lose everything in apartment fire over the weekend
- 'It tears me up:' Trophy shop immortalizes fallen soldiers
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River