From the Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs-
Yakima County: The Governor’s Veterans Affairs Advisory Committee will be holding a Veterans Town Hall on Wednesday, July 23 from 10:00 am – noon at VFW Post 379, 118 S. 5th Avenue in Yakima, WA.
Community partners and service providers will be sharing how they are serving Veterans and their families from the area.
The VAAC – under the leadership of 2013/14 Chair Owen McCurty – is composed of 17 members and advises the Governor and the director of the Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs (WDVA) on issues and programs concerning veterans.
Visit the WDVA website at http://www.dva.wa.gov/public_events.html for agenda or call 1-800-562-0132 opt 1 for additional information.
- Mexican companies express interest in building border wall
- Teens wearing leggings barred from United flight
- Montana man identified as Las Vegas Strip shooting victim
- Inmate dies at Idaho maximum security prison
- Fire destroys apple packing plant in central Washington
- Discrimination lawsuit filed by former firefighter settled