The victim in a fatal hit and run in Yakima has been identified by the family as 72-year-old Russ Bartlett.
Bartlett was a Vietnam Army Veteran, had worked for the Portland Police as a patrol officer and retired from the Walla Walla Department of Corrections.
The incident happened on Terrace Heights Drive and University Parkway as Bartlett was walking down the road while waiting for his car to be serviced. He was struck by a motor-home and rushed to a nearby hospital. Bartlett was pronounced dead by authorities a couple of hours after the accident.
The motor-home was pulled over a little over a mile away from where the accident took place, the driver is in custody.
Update: The driver of the motor home has been identified as 27 year Nicole Fragoso. She is under investigation for vehicular homicide and hit and run death.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome