The victim in a fatal hit and run in Yakima has been identified by the family as 72-year-old Russ Bartlett.
Bartlett was a Vietnam Army Veteran, had worked for the Portland Police as a patrol officer and retired from the Walla Walla Department of Corrections.
The incident happened on Terrace Heights Drive and University Parkway as Bartlett was walking down the road while waiting for his car to be serviced. He was struck by a motor-home and rushed to a nearby hospital. Bartlett was pronounced dead by authorities a couple of hours after the accident.
The motor-home was pulled over a little over a mile away from where the accident took place, the driver is in custody.
Update: The driver of the motor home has been identified as 27 year Nicole Fragoso. She is under investigation for vehicular homicide and hit and run death.
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location