The hydroplane tour's winningest driver of all time is coming out of retirement to return to competition at the Columbia Cup.
Dave Villwock will drive the U-37 Beacon Plumbing, owned by Bill Schumacher. Villwock called it a career after the 2012 season, having won 67 races and ten Gold Cups. He also won eight Columbia Cups.
The U-37 plans to run in the Tri-Cities and Seattle. Villwock became the team manager for the U-37 last year, but will now take over the cockpit.
- Meals on Wheels hosts first ever local fundraiser
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding