The hydroplane tour's winningest driver of all time is coming out of retirement to return to competition at the Columbia Cup.
Dave Villwock will drive the U-37 Beacon Plumbing, owned by Bill Schumacher. Villwock called it a career after the 2012 season, having won 67 races and ten Gold Cups. He also won eight Columbia Cups.
The U-37 plans to run in the Tri-Cities and Seattle. Villwock became the team manager for the U-37 last year, but will now take over the cockpit.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds