The hydroplane tour's winningest driver of all time is coming out of retirement to return to competition at the Columbia Cup.
Dave Villwock will drive the U-37 Beacon Plumbing, owned by Bill Schumacher. Villwock called it a career after the 2012 season, having won 67 races and ten Gold Cups. He also won eight Columbia Cups.
The U-37 plans to run in the Tri-Cities and Seattle. Villwock became the team manager for the U-37 last year, but will now take over the cockpit.
- Swedish hostage released after 6 years
- New non-profit Service Peace Warriors trains service dogs for veterans
- Local business owner helping maintain Yakima's landmark sign
- Residents lose everything in apartment fire over the weekend
- 'It tears me up:' Trophy shop immortalizes fallen soldiers
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River