The hydroplane tour's winningest driver of all time is coming out of retirement to return to competition at the Columbia Cup.
Dave Villwock will drive the U-37 Beacon Plumbing, owned by Bill Schumacher. Villwock called it a career after the 2012 season, having won 67 races and ten Gold Cups. He also won eight Columbia Cups.
The U-37 plans to run in the Tri-Cities and Seattle. Villwock became the team manager for the U-37 last year, but will now take over the cockpit.
- Total solar eclipse casts spotlight on rural Oregon town
- Why North Korea, US don't want all-out war
- Ousted South Korean president's confidante sentenced
- Vulnerable pets earn second chance at life with generous donation
- Lineup ready for Yakima's Apple Jam talent search
- Burning of garbage cause of West Valley fire