The Ochoa Middle School Music Department in Pasco is presenting its "Viva La Musica" performance this weekend.
Students are practicing for the show, that debuts tonight, which explores Latin musical influences in America across the ages.
The show is written and produced by choir teacher Heidi Nelson.
It features song by popular Latino artists such as Selena, Marc Anthony and Carlos Santana.
The student who will play Selena said is a latina herself and this show means a lot to her.
"It's a really big inspiration because the whole show is Latin," said Myrka Suarez. "We have a lot if performances, it's nice to represent the show."
More than 130 students will perform in the show.
It will take place inside the Ochoa Middle School gym tonight at 7 p.m. and tomorrow at 2 p.m.
Tickets are $5 for adults and $2 for kids under the age of 12.
- Semi-rollover closes Vantage Bridge
- Former WSU student sentenced to 12 years for drugs
- Toppenish school employee leaves handgun in bathroom
- Seattle police officer, Yakima native released after being shot in face
- Man arrested on suspicion of terror offenses near UK Parliament
- Local teacher helps his students take flight