An autopsy reveals a Waitsburg man who shot at an Oregon Police Officer died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to his head.
Authorities say 30 year old Christopher Elliott shot officer Russell George Monday on US Highway 30. The bullet went through the Rainier Officers's hand and hit his chest, which was protected by a bulletproof vest.
Elliott was found dead hours later near Clatskanie.
An autopsy determined he died from a self-inflicted gunshot would to the head.
He had no outstanding warrants.
- Crime Stoppers searching for Yakima County burglary suspect
- Medical supply company files for bankruptcy after 70 years of business
- New study of Seattle's $15 minimum wage says it costs jobs
- Alaska Air offers charter flight for solar eclipse viewing
- Avis to manage Waymo's self-driving cars
- RPD looking for help identifying alleged shoplifters