An autopsy reveals a Waitsburg man who shot at an Oregon Police Officer died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to his head.
Authorities say 30 year old Christopher Elliott shot officer Russell George Monday on US Highway 30. The bullet went through the Rainier Officers's hand and hit his chest, which was protected by a bulletproof vest.
Elliott was found dead hours later near Clatskanie.
An autopsy determined he died from a self-inflicted gunshot would to the head.
He had no outstanding warrants.
- Court rules on lawsuit against WSU in euthanized dog case
- Man arrested on 3 warrants due to unrelated 911 call
- Repairing the damage from recent flooding keeping contractors busy
- 72-year-old Bellingham man charged with rape, other crimes
- Contested speaker Brad Henning withdraws from KSD event
- Marine life expert speaking on orca behavior at Kennewick library