The Walla Walla balloon stampede might be moving to the fall.
Stampede organizer Scott Spencer said the balloons have only launched 40% of the time out of the events 40 year history.
The balloons are usually grounded because of the winds and fall tends to be less windy than the spring.
Spencer said the move will depend on the support of the event's sponsors and right now everyone seems to be enthusiastic about the change.
- Burning of garbage cause of West Valley fire
- Camp Hope in Yakima sticking around until possibly November
- Funding for Yakima downtown plaza once again a problem
- Healthcare providers bracing for hospital closure in Walla Walla
- Wapato public swimming pool set to open for summer
- Pasco officer donates car seats to vehicle theft victims