Detectives are continuing their investigation into the shooting death of a 20-year-old Walla Walla man.
Ramiro Lopez Jr. died Friday morning from a single gunshot wound to the head.
The shooting took place at a home on the 300 block of West Chestnut Street.
Police say the shooting was witnessed by a least three other subjects who were with Lopez at the time.
The witnesses are cooperating with officials conducting the investigation. No suspects are being sought at this time, and it is possible the shooting was accidental.
The weapon used in the shooting, a semi-automatic pistol, had been reported stolen to the police department earlier this month.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome