WAPATO, Wash. - A 23-year-old man was killed in a two vehicle crash outside of Wapato early Friday morning.
Julio Gonzalez was pronounced dead at a local hospital.
He was driving north on Highway 97 before taking a left turn onto Jones Road.
A southbound 2002 GMC Sierra pickup struck his 1995 Jeep Cherokee in the middle of the intersection. Gonzalez was ejected from the vehicle. Troopers said he was not wearing a seatbelt.
He was transported to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The pickup driver’s passenger Steven Saunders, 48, was injured and transported to Virginia Mason Memorial Hospital.
Washington State Patrol cited failure to yield as the cause.
- Winter shelter for homeless young adults needs volunteers to open
- Heritage University awarded $6.3 million, biggest donation in its history
- Newhouse joins Meals On Wheels to help deliver hot meals
- Walla Walla syrah is named world's second best wine
- TONIGHT: Benton Co. commissioners hope to thwart West Richland pot shop; opioids hit WA state hard