Over 3,000 people are expected to gather at Wapato Middle School tomorrow to celebrate culture.
The school will be hosting its 32nd annual Cultural Unity Fair -- today, students and teachers are busy prepping.
Students will put on various ethnic dances, while people got the chance to sample foods from different cultures.
Organizers say the event is meant to develop cultural unity and paint a positive picture about the town.
"A lot of people think Wapato is just full of gangs and violence, so a group of teachers got together and wanted to change that image," said fair advisor Erin Gonzalez, "We came up with this event where we show case all of the diverse cultures we have here."
The event is from 4:30 to 7 p.m. at the middle school. Tickets are $5 for adults and $4 for seniors and children.
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities
- Tri-City Americans picked 9th, 16th overall in NHL draft