Tonight, Wapato City Council members will be asked to vote on a proposal to rename one of two major streets in town.
The council is being asked by local veterans to rename either Dove Lane or Camas Avenue after local war hero Reinhardt J. Keppler.
Keppler served in the Navy during World War II, where he died at the Battle of Guadalcanal -- he was awarded the Medal of Honor posthumously.
Keppler was also born in Washington, where he graduated from Wapato High School.
- Bill to help sick nuclear site employees dies in Senate
- Woman rips off gas pump nozzle, eats Taco Bell, goes to jail
- Man steals 2 Mac Books from Kennewick Best Buy
- Prosser librarian on paid administrative leave speaks out at local town hall
- Can China pick up US slack on climate change?
- Westinghouse Electric to file for bankruptcy