Tonight, Wapato City Council members will be asked to vote on a proposal to rename one of two major streets in town.
The council is being asked by local veterans to rename either Dove Lane or Camas Avenue after local war hero Reinhardt J. Keppler.
Keppler served in the Navy during World War II, where he died at the Battle of Guadalcanal -- he was awarded the Medal of Honor posthumously.
Keppler was also born in Washington, where he graduated from Wapato High School.
- Lightning strikes Richland home, burns entire top floor
- Petition against cannabis shop gains traction
- Washington hosting 100 community fireworks displays on 4th of July
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River
- Man fatally shot by Kent police during pursuit identified